- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian doctors not allowed to advertise pharmaceutical companies2010-11-18 16:30
Legislative changes will be made in Georgia to forbid doctors to write prescriptions on the blanks of any pharmaceutical companies, Novosti-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ban is conditioned by the fact that such prescription is actually an advertisement of a certain company. Besides, as was stated by Deputy Minister of Health Mikhail Dolidze, it has become popular among the doctors to write out prescriptions in that way.
"Doctors often advertise these companies' products. According to the new rules, such activities are prohibited", - Dolidze pointed out.
Chairman of Health Committee Otar Toidze has stressed that such conduct violates the patients' rights.
"The patients' interests are sacrificed to commercial interests, so it is necessary to restrict such actions on the part of the doctors. They should carry out their professional duty and it's none of their business where the patient will buy a medicine and at what cost. This is a matter to be regulated by law", - Toidze underlined.