- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Peace in the Caucasus depends on Karabakh - Ukraine2010-11-19 12:00
According to Head of Ukrainian MFA Konstantin Grishchenko, the settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to prosperity and stability of the entire South Caucasus, GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was said by Grishchenko, he fully supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group cochairmen as to the peaceful settlement of the conflict basing upon the international legislation rules and principles, such as the principle of the non-use of force or threat of force, territorial integrity, equality of rights and the people's self-determination.
Let us remind you that earlier, President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev expressed assuredness that Armenia and Azerbaijan will be able to come to a common decision on the principles of settlement in Nagorny Karabakh by the time of OSCE summit to be held in December.
"We've focused upon this topic today and agreed as follows: we've got some issues on the principles of settlement that would be further accepted as a basis of the peace treaty; nevertheless, we have made a long way which inspires hope that if the parties work well the next month, the relevant order being given to our foreign ministers, we will come to an agreed variant of the common principles of settlement by the day of OSCE summit in Kazakhstan on December 1-2", - Dmitry Medvedev has stated.
Russian president also reported that the parties have agreed on exchanging captives: a common statement of a purely humanitarian character has been agreed upon by the parties; it is very important considering various difficulties in the relationship between Armenia and Azerbaijan on Nagorny Karabakh. The point at issue is a special declaration aimed at strengthening the trust measures in order to exchange prisoners and return the bodies of the dead without delay".
The meeting in Astrakhan resulted in a conclusion that conflict settlement requires certain trust measures in the military field and further political and diplomatic means.