- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A foundation established to save Georgian mariners2010-11-19 12:53
A special foundation is established in Georgia to save the Georgian mariners held captive by Somali pirates, Russian media report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
United trade unions of Georgia together with the mariners' union have founded Solidarity Foundation to save 15 Georgian sailors from OLI-6 Maltese vessel captured on September 8 in the Gulf of Aden.
In order to raise the money, the unions have applied to mariners' unions in other countries, asking them for help. As the captured sailors' relatives told on November 16, the pirates threaten to kill the crew.
The captors reached the mariners' families by phone and said that if the ransom of one million dollars was not paid in two days, they would start killing the sailors and then sink the ship.
The relatives also reported that the ship owner refuses to pay the money. They assert that the Georgian authorities are practically doing nothing to save the crew. Initially, the pirates demanded 15 million dollars for the vessel release.