- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Refugee from Abkhazia died after self-immolation2010-11-19 16:33
A refugee from Abkhazia died in a Georgian hospital after an attempt of self-immolation committed at the end of October.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Aysor.am, refugee from Abkhazia Nana Pipia got about 30% of her skin injured in the act of self-immolation. Eventually, doctors were unable to save her.
Let us remind you that at the end of October, Nana Pipia poured kerosene over herself and set herself on fire during the action held by forcibly displaced persons in Tbilisi. The action participants demanded that the ministry should provide them with accommodations in the capital but not in the regions as they were offered.
In its turn, Ministry for Refugees and Settlement in Georgia made a special statement in connection with Nana Pipia's self-immolation offering her dwellings in another region of the country.
"Until 2000, Nana Pipia had been living in Zugdidi (Samegrelo region, West Georgia) and then she moved to her relative in Tbilisi. The ministry offered her dwellings in the same region but she refused to take it", - the statement went.