- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia in wait for large amnesty2010-11-19 19:04
Georgia's State Pardon Committee is set to recommend release of nearly 45 prisoners (including 2 minors) in run up to Giorgoba holiday, Novosti Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The pardon is planned on November 23, one of the most popular national holidays in Georgia (Georgia's patron saint day - Saint George).
The State Pardon Committee examined 236 cases of prisoners including 10 cases of minors.
According to Marika Verulashvili, a member of the committee and parliamentary commission for human rights, cases of prisoners sentenced for light and medium offence have been examined.
Upon examination of the cases a list of prisoners recommended for release will be submitted to the president of Georgia.