- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN worries of army redeployed in Gali district2008-12-12 17:06
General Anvar Hussein, the chief military monitor of the UN mission in the area of Georgian-Abkhazian conflict, is worried with redeployment of Abkhazian regiment in Gali district, bordering on Georgia, RIA Novosti inform alluding to the Foreign Ministry of Abkhazia Press Service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that on December, 10th, in accordance with the order of the Commander-in-Chief, President Sergey Bagapsh, issued on December, 5th, artillery and tank units of Eastern group of forces .
Today General Husein met Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia.
The Minister explained to the general that the redeployment is urged with the need to protect state border after the Collective Peacekeeping Forces of the CIS mandate in the area of Georgian- Abkhaz conflict expired.
Shamba noticed that security zone, previously controlled by Russian peacemakers, and defined by 1994 Moscow Agreement on Ceasefire and Disengagement of Forces must be in Georgian territory, as, in Minister's view, the threat comes from there.
Sergey Shamba added that Abkhazian territory should be monitored by the UN mission, Georgian - by the EU mission.