- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
15 thousand people to gather near Georgian parliament2010-11-25 12:24
Representative People's Assembly demanding the change of power in the republic is going to be held in front of the Georgian parliament today, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's time the people learnt to defend their rights and the current and future authorities learnt to consider the public interests and understood that otherwise they cannot stay in power", - one of the members of the initiative group, world chess champion Nona Gaprindashvili has stated.
On her part, leader of movement Solidarity With Political Prisoners Eka Beselia underlined that 15 thousand delegates are going to take part in the People's Assembly.
"if the people come out, the process won't stop - it will continue, - the oppositionist added. - The authorities have been issued the people's mandate and if the people take a decision to change the power, it will be effective".
It should be noted that President Mikheil Saakashvili was also invited to the assembly. In the opinion of the assembly initiators, it will be a good test showing whether "the people's deputy" has got anything in common with the Georgian people.