- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Local people leave Perevi2008-12-15 10:41
200 people left Perevi, the village, where, according to Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, were again drawn Russian forces, Kavkazkiy Uzel reports, alluding to Zurab Tsertsvadze, the head of Sachkheri district administration.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that on December, 12th, in the morning, Russian checkpoint in Perevi was closed and Russian units withdrawn. After that the village came under Georgian control. But on December, 13th Georgia claimed that Russian checkpoint was opened again, and Russian contingent in Perevi is being build up. No comment from Russia followed.
According to Tsertsvadze, people are leaving, and if the process continues, lessons in schools will be cancelled. The total population of Perevi counts 700 people.
On December, 13th Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs made a statement on the situation in Perevi and called it an open defiance to the international community.