- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The West provokes Tbilisi’s “anti-Olympic” actions - expert2010-11-25 14:00
President of Academy of Geopolitical Problems Leonid Ivashov believes that the Georgian parliament's initiative on establishing a committee for preventing the Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi was incited by the West.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It is clear that Georgia is the West's puppet fulfilling its orders. Tbilisi's attempt to disrupt the Olympics is the sign of another attack against the South of Russia, which is already subject to attacks from all sides. Thus, Russia's enemies are trying to use Georgia to reduce Russia's geopolitical status so that Russian authorities became more compliant and easier to manipulate", - Ivashov is cited by IA OSinform.
He said Georgia won't use the regional security problems and the economic background of the Games in its attempt to launch information war against the Olympics in Sochi.
As was reported earlier, a special committee is being organized in Georgia to monitor the issues related to the Olympic Games. Besides, Chairman of the Georgian Parliament Committee for Territorial Integrity Restoration Shota Malashkhia has stated that this activity of the Georgian deputies is not directly aimed at transferring or boycotting the Olympics. "We do not speak directly of boycotting the Games but we are pointing at the breach of the charter in many aspects. We are going to suggest that IOC call upon Russia to correct the situation. The first point is bringing Abkhazia back under the Georgian jurisdiction and withdrawing Russian military from Abkhazia. The second point is to handle ecology", - he underlined.