- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shatberashvili: explosion near the party’s building is political terror2010-11-29 12:27
According to one of the leaders of the Georgian Labor Party Soso Shatberashvili, an explosion near the oppositional movement's office can be estimated as political terror, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This is political terror, for the office of one of the leading oppositional parties has been exploded, - he underlined. - Powerful explosive was planted directly against the office wall. This kind of explosive can be possessed either by the military, or by special services".
Shatberashvili told that during the explosion, the ceiling went down, the walls were damaged and the cable television and telephone lines were torn. According to the oppositionist, the video camera recorded a man who planted the explosive and a car passing by at a great speed; there was an explosion in several seconds.
"I believe the explosion was initiated by a remote mechanism", - he added.
Let us remind you of the two powerful explosions in the Georgian capital on Sunday night: one near the Labor Party office in Javakhishvili Street and the other near a shop in the district of Mukhiani.
The first explosion was heard about two o'clock a.m., local time. According to the witnesses, the bomb was planted next to the Laborites' office by some unknown people who came by Mercedes. A powerful explosion resulted in the death of a 58-year-old citizen of Tbilisi hit by a fragment. Another five people were wounded and were taken to hospital. A wall went down in the party's office; panes were shattered by shock wave.
There is no detailed information on the second explosion so far. It is only known that the explosion came an hour after the first one and, luckily, no one was hurt. MIA officers arrived at the scene to carry out a relevant expertise.