- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Christian Democrats protesting against increased water rate2010-11-29 15:52
The Christian Democrats oppositional party is going to appeal against the increased water rate in Constitutional Court, Novosti-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision on raising the water rate in Tbilisi was taken by National Commission for Power and Water Supply.
"The growth of prices for vital products and services, as well as water and public transport rates will lead the country to social crash... We are not going to put up with the tariffs forced upon us which reveal monopolists' interests", - said member of the Christian-Democratic fraction Georgy Targamadze.
"We are going to file a claim with the Constitutional court and appeal against the decision taken by Tbilisi Water company and National Commission for Power and Water Supply", - Targamadze went on.
According to the new rates, since December 1, the water rate per person has been increased for the residents of the Georgian capital from 2 laris 40 tetris (1,4 dollars) to 3 laris 15 tetris (1,85 dollars).