- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian government’s basic task is to fight poverty – Gilauri2010-11-29 16:44
Georgian government's basic task is to overcome poverty, Prime Minister Nika Gilauri stated at the international conference in Tbilisi dedicated to business environment improvement in European and Central Asia countries. This was reported by Business Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The conference has been organized by the World Bank and the Georgian government.
According to the prime minister, "Georgian authorities are taking active measures to attract new domestic and international investments to the country's economy in order to create new workplaces, reduce unemployment and overcome poverty".
Let us remind you that two weeks ago, Mikheil Saakashvili admitted that 20% of people are below poverty line. The oppositional parties accuse the government of non-fulfillment of promises relating to the living standards improvement and of taking no trouble to create new workplaces and to bring down unemployment.