- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Third round of Genovese discussions to be held on December, 17th-18th2008-12-15 13:36
On December 17th - 18th the third round of discussions on security and stability in the Caucasus will be held, informs ITAR-TASS alluding to Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the statement of the Ministry, the agenda includes two primary issues: security in the region and refugees. Both will be discussed in specialized workgroups.
The Ministry highlighted that Russian representatives in Geneva campaigns for safeguarding South Ossetia and Abkhazia security, as it was defined in Russian-French highest-level agreements.
Russian Foreign Ministry believes that in the light of perilous actions of Georgian side, in particular: concentration of Georgian armed forces and police units in border districts, further provocations with participation of Mikhail Saakashvili on the verge of breaking rules, at the Genovese discussions it is important to coordinate certain mechanisms of new bloodshed prevention.
Russia hopes that in the course of December round the participants will to endorse certain agreements on security and refugees issues that will contribute to the stability consolidation in the disquieted region and will be a good conclusion of joint efforts in 2008.
The discussions in Geneva were started in October 2008 in accordance with the agreements reached by Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia, and Nicolas Sarcozy, the President of France, on August, 12th and September, 8th . The participants are the representatives of Abkhazia, Georgia, Russia, the USA, South Ossetia, the EU, the UN and OSCE.