- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition: Georgia is to face a social catastrophe2010-12-01 19:31
Oppositional deputy, member of Our Georgia - Free Democrats party Georgi Tsagareishvili submitted statistical data speaking of a deep social crisis, Novosti-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to National Statistics Service of Georgia, unemployment indicator has already reached 17%.
"That is more than 336 people; however, according to our information, the number of the unemployed in the country is much greater. It should also be mentioned that according to the World Bank, poverty has grown from 23% to 30%. That's a catastrophic figure", - the oppositionist has stated.
Tsagareishvili expressed protest in connection with the decision to increase utility rates taken against a most unfavourable social background.
He said that in a month, the government increased prices in all spheres.
According to representative of the parliamentary minority, in a month, Our Georgia - Free Democrats will publish the results of the experts' research of the economic and social situation in the country.