- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Diplomats were not allowed to Perevi2008-12-15 16:10
On December, 13th the diplomatic motorcade with ambassadors of Lithuania, France, Estonia, Romania and the Netherlands, representatives of international organizations (16 persons altogether) was not allowed to Perevi, a village about 100 miles from Tbilisi, Delfi informs, alluding to BNS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Mechis Laurinkus, the ambassador of Lithuania to Georgia, a meeting of the EU countries ambassadors must has been held. The initiative of this meeting belonged to France.
On December, 12th Russia announced the withdrawal of its units from Perevi, RosBalt informs.
This data was confirmed by Georgian side and the EU monitors.
According to Laurinkus, on Saturday around 20-30 armed soldiers barred their entrance to the village.
After one hour's waiting the motorcade has to turn back to the Tbilisi direction. Russian army representatives didn't talk to the diplomats.
According to Georgian Interior Ministry, about 500-600 Russian servicemen entered Perevi on Saturday morning. According to Georgian side, it is a "military operation" with the participation of paratroopers, helicopters, armored carriers.
When Russian units arrived at Perevi, Georgian police "left the village to avoid bloodshed".
On Saturday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania expressed regret for the EU ambassadors not allowed to Perevi.