- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze to establish a workgroup to work out amendments for the Electoral Code2008-12-15 17:47
David Bakradze, the Speaker of Georgian Parliament, intends to establish a workgroup to work out the project of amendments to the Electoral Code.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the briefing Bakradze, who he returned from the USA yesterday, said that the group will include both representatives of the parliamentary majority and parliamentary opposition, but every political forces are welcome to participate, including non-parliamentary opposition, if it is interested and intends to participate in future elections.
The Speaker promised the workgroup will cooperate with international and local non-governmental organizations.
«The Venetian commission presented us the legal examination of current Georgian electoral legislation, and this examination, together with the commission conclusions will be the base of amendments development. The workgroup priority will be the maximum consideration of remarks of foreign partners and bringing the Electoral Code to international standards», - Bakradze stated.
If there is too many of remarks and suggestions, a new Electoral Code will be worked out.
The Speaker failed the expectations of non-parliamentary opposition, which hoped for early presidential and parliamentary election in spring 2008, and highlighted that the nearest elections will be conducted no earlier than on autumn 2010, and it will be local administration elections.
«International organizations recommend to make amendments to the Electoral Code at least of it one year before the elections, in order to implement them in this period», - Bakradze stated.