- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Visa regime between Russia and EU is of importance for South Ossetia2010-12-03 16:53
SO President's Human Rights Commissioner David Sanakoyev delivered a speech at the European Russian Forum in Brussels, South-Ossetian media reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Sanakoyev has stated that one cannot trust the Georgian leader's promises of non-aggression he gave in Europe, for that was the way he deceived Ossetians in August 2008.
"People of South Ossetia remember very well M.Saakashvili's promises not to attack the republic on the night of August 8, 2008 followed by a night spent under the Grad valley fire", - said the human rights commissioner.
Also, Sanakoyev stressed the difficulties faced by the people of South Ossetia when getting visas to European Union.
"For the citizens of RSO, the issue of the visa regime between RF and EU is also very important, for the majority of the SO citizens are also the citizens of RF. It is very difficult and even impossible sometimes for the SO citizens to obtain visas, for they are also the citizens of RF and then there comes the question whether the movement of the SO citizens is blocked deliberately, using the visa regime as a mechanism of political and economic pressure", - South-Ossetian representative says.
"South Ossetia is often visited by representatives of international institutions; they meet with the government officials, representatives of non-government organizations and communicate with common people. Despite that, reviews and media reports are often distorted. That is why, in addition to the rest of the reasons, citizens of SO should have an opportunity to visit EU countries to get the position of South Ossetia in this or that field across to the international community representatives", - David Sanakoyev stated at the forum in Brussels.