- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
WikiLeaks: Vashadze and USA tried to disrupt Mistral purchase2010-12-07 14:49
According to the documents published by WikiLeaks website, Foreign Minister of Georgia Grigol Vashadze asked US to assist in preventing the transaction between Russia and France on purchasing Mistral helicopter carrier.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind you that on November 28, the WikiLeaks website published another portion of secret American documents primarily telling about the secret diplomatic negotiations. The portal has revealed over 250 thousand letters of American diplomats. The correspondence contains information on US' foreign policy in respect of many states, corruption and world leaders' records.
According to New Region - Kiev, this was reported to Washington by US Ambassador to Georgia John Bass. As was stated in the American diplomat's published report, Vashadze told about the West's indifference to Russia's plans in the South Caucasus and the Black Sea water area.
"Vashadze requested that US should object to the transaction and said that President Saakashvili would make a similar request at a higher level", - Bass' report goes. He also added that the American side would insist that Russia shouldn't use Mistral in the Black Sea, for it would significantly enhance Moscow's position