- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Yerevan officers fighting for seats at Placido Domingo’s concert2010-12-08 18:25
According to Armenian media, after Placido Domingo's concert in Yerevan, Mayor of the city Gagik Beglaryan beat up Deputy Head of the President's Protocol Service Aram Kandayan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The reason for that was a quarrel about the seats at the concert given by famous singer Placido Domingo that took place last week.
Mayor's wife together with her friend occupied the seats next to the place meant for President of Armenia Serge Sargsyan. According to the protocol, these seats can be occupied only by Catholicos of all Armenians, speaker of parliament and prime minister, Armenian media reports. Protocol department officer Kandayan addressed Gagik Beglaryan's spouse, asking the women to take another seat.
His request made the wife of the Yerevan city governor furious and she complained to the mayor. Beglaryan decided to punish Kandayan and beat him up after the concert. As has become known, Kandayan and Beglaryan's meeting was organized by Head of the President's Office Karen Karapetyan.