- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Youth center opened on World Bank’s means in Georgia2010-12-09 12:44
A Regional Youth Center has been opened in the Georgian town of Marneuli. The facilities are equipped with computers; they represent work and training studios where the growing generation will learn to do business and master foreign languages.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This is the first of the eight regional centers to be set up in the context of the Youth Development and Involvement project. The entire project is valued at 1 million 216 thousand dollars. These means will be granted by the World Bank to National Children and Youth Agency at Ministry for Youth and Sports of Georgia.
"The money for supporting the young was transferred to World Bank by the Japanese government. The program submitted by Georgia won the tender", - told Deputy Chairman of National Children and Youth Center Anna Sabakhtarashvili.
"We want to teach the teenagers how to make up a CV so that they would have fewer difficulties in getting a job. Besides, we are planning to allocate grants on a competition basis to regional NPOs, commercial organizations and individual businessmen for the development of their business. The main point is that the applicants should really be young; I mean they should be between 16 and 30. Besides, the projects are to be made up correctly and imply really interesting and viable goals", - Sabakhtarashvili added. She said that a training program on basic management, communications and marketing will be held for those who will win the tender or open their business using other means. This was reported by Kavkazski Uzel.