- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zugdidi airport will start operating in the nearest future2010-12-09 18:22
The airport of Zugdidi will soon be able to receive small planes, Business-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This was stated by governor of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti Zaza Gorozia who also underlined that the construction of the landing strip has been almost completed.
He says the work has been started on designing the infrastructure necessary for the airport construction.
The airport construction in Zugdidi was recently voiced by President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili. He also laid the foundation stone.
Construction works will be carried out by the Black Sea Group company. It is planned to engage up to 300 local residents in the project.
The airport in Zudgigi is built in the context of the Anaklia resort development project.