- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov: OSCE may go out of the running2010-12-10 14:03
Head of Russian MFA Sergey Lavrov has stated that if OSCE does not cease wishful thinking and ignoring the states' peacekeeping commitments, it may face the risk of going out of the running, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The agreement at the Astana OSCE summit held on December 1-2 was disrupted because of two or three countries' unwillingness to seek a compromise and their desire to draw into the action plan some wordings that would mean that South Ossetia and Abkhazia remain part of Georgia, - the diplomat explained. -There was an impression that we were holding negotiations not on December 2, 2010 but on August 6, 2008".
At the same time, Lavrov underlined that the Russian side will steadily keep attaining OSCE's reforming, as well as the enhancement of its legal basis, politico-military dimension, maintenance of balance in guaranteeing individual rights and freedoms, including the freedom of movement, in absolute compliance with the earlier taken decisions.
"We shall attain the transparency of OSCE's activity stipulated in its fundamental documents", - Lavrov said, having added that this is the only way to increase the demand for the organization in the new environment.