- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
McCain wants to supply Georgia with arms2010-12-13 11:40
In the opinion of American Senator John McCain, the White House administration must resume arms supply to Georgia, Rosbalt reports.
"Our government's policy is that we support Georgia's entrance into NATO, - he underlined. - It has been two years already that the sale of defensive weapon to Georgia has not been sanctioned, taking Russia's position into account. This must be changed; we've got to supply Georgia with radars at the very least".
According to McCain, US' allies in Central and East Europe consider the events around Georgia to be an illustrative situation, watching whether Washington is going to support Tbilisi.
Before that, Georgian Foreign Minister David Dzhalagania had stated that the American program for training Georgian soldiers for the operation in Afghanistan "does not imply US' arms delivery to Georgia".