- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian MFA dissatisfied with Russia2010-12-13 13:46
Deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia Nino Kalandadze has stated that the foreign policy administration has sent a note of protest to Russian colleagues.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Kalandadze, the Georgian diplomats' exasperation was caused by two facts: the location of "Smerch" Russian valley fire system in the territory of South Ossetia and South-Ossetian President Eduard Kokoity's decision to invalidate Georgian regulatory acts that were valid in the territory of Leningorski region of the republic (Georgian name - Akhalgori) in 1989-2008.
As to "Smerch"s location, Kalandadze stated that in the official Tbilisi's opinion, "location of such weapons is prohibited by Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe". "When Russia announced its withdrawal from the treaty we feared lest it should turn loose in the occupied territories», - she added.
As became known earlier, a rocket artillery division of Armed Forces of RF has been located in South Ossetia comprising Smerch valley fire system. The information was provided by the security officials of South Federal District of RF. Russian "Smerch"s will be located near the capital of South Ossetia, Tskhinval.
One of the basic reasons of locating the valley fire systems is to "prevent possible aggression on Georgia's part". The "Smerch" valley fire system is ranked as one of the most powerful systems in the world with the maximum fire range of 70-90 km.