- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
MFA of RF surprised at American senators2010-12-14 12:52
Russian foreign policy administration responded to the resolution expressing the opinion on Georgia's "territorial integrity" submitted to the U.S. Senate Commission for Foreign Affairs, RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Of course, we do not deny American lawmakers' right to deliver their own assessments of the regional situation but we have to state pitifully once again that the draft resolution, just like many Congress members' position, ignores the new reality that developed after the aggression unleashed in August 2008 by Saakashvili's regime, - Russian diplomats remarked. - These actions resulted in the formation of new independent states, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and the fact that the aggression was initiated by Tbilisi is hardly denied by anyone".
Russian MFA underlined that it is, at least, incorrect and illogic to treat the Transcaucasian republics as "Georgian regions occupied by Russian Federation". MFA officers believe that now it is time to set up direct, equal, constructive and impassive interaction between these countries, including the achievement of an agreement on the non-use of force.
"Tbilisi's actively promoted approach is based upon an illusionary attempt to attain the revival of a pre-war status-quo and extend the dictate in this or that form over the Abkhaz and Ossetian people who have already made their choice and are not going to turn off their way", - MFA of RF believes.