- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Richard Holbrooke died2010-12-14 12:55
The veteran of American diplomacy who has been occupying the post of the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Rishard Holbrooke has died at a hospital in Washigton, Echo of Caucasus reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The 69-year-old Holbrooke suddenly felt bad on Friday at his workplace in the U.S. State Department in Washington. He was taken to hospital on the same day.
On Saturday, he was operated on because of aortic disruption. There was another operative treatment the next day to improve blood circulation.
He twice held the position of Assistant Secretary of State, actively lobbying Georgia's interests. Notably, he used his influence to prove Russia's guilt in the war of 2008.