- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European parliament approved of facilitating visa regime with Georgia2010-12-14 18:16
European Parliament deputies approved the agreement on facilitating the visa regime and readmission with Georgia, Prime Tass reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"After the crisis related to the military actions in the South Caucasus in August 2008, European Union took a decision to expand cooperation with Tbilisi, including the field of visa regime facilitation", - European Commissioner for Home Affairs Cecilia Malmstrom underlined during the session.
She characterized today's voting as "a stride forward in the relationship between EU and Georgia".
According to the media, the agreement facilitates the process of getting entry documents for certain category of people.
This category mainly covers businessmen, scientists, students and journalists.
The visa cost will also be reduced from 60 to 35 euro for all the citizens of the republic. A visa-free regime with EU was introduced by Georgia unilaterally in 2006.