- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Baramidze’s visit to U.S. is over2010-12-15 13:46
The visit of State Minister for Integration into European and Euro-Atlantic Structures Georgi Baramidze to the U.S. is over.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Novosti-Georgia, Georgian vice prime minister started his business trip to USA a week ago. He met with the country's authorities, as well as members of various non-government organizations.
It is reported that during the meeting with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense Alexander Vershbow, Baramidze raised the issue of Georgia's joining the NATO member-countries.
"The U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense Alexander Vershbow is directly involved in the issues related to NATO and relationship with Georgia. For us, the talks on Georgia's future membership in NATO and the way the country should follow before it joins the Alliance is very important", - Baramidze said.
Also, Vershbow and Baramidze discussed the problem of "de-occupation" of Georgia. "It was stated that the de-occupation of Georgia requires efficient diplomatic and political steps. In this context, the importance of the draft resolution on de-occupation of the Georgian territories developed by U.S. Senate was stressed", - goes the report of Georgi Baramidze's press service.