- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sarkozy: EU did everything to avoid war in Georgia2008-12-16 17:24
At today's meeting of European Parliament Nicolas Sarkozy, the President of France, said that France, the country chairing in the EU for six months, and the European Commission did everything to avoid Georgian-Ossetian crisis growing into war. Sarkozy made this statement concluding the results of France's presidency in the organization, which expires on January, 1st , ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"In that situation our chief aim was to halt war," Sarkozy noticed. "The European Union had to assume responsibility for the developments, which we did. In August we, first of all, held the talks on ceasefire and then on troop pull back. In the long run war had been avoided and troop withdrawal started," he said.
"Now almost all Russian troops left the territory of Georgia, South Ossetia and Abkhazia," French president said. "The European Union has thus signified its responsibility without getting involved in the aggressive policy regarding our Russian neighbors."