- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia ranked 103d in Democracy Index 2010 rating2010-12-16 17:57
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) rating put Georgia on the list of the counties with the so-called "hybrid democracy", Russian media report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It means the country is listed among the counties having elements of democracy alongside with the elements of authoritarianism.
167 countries that took part in the research were broken into 4 categories: those with total democracy, problem democracy, hybrid regimes and authoritarian regimes.
In EIU's opinion, there are only 26 countries with total democracy in the world. The top five includes Norway, Island, Denmark, Switzerland and New Zealand.
Russia ranks 107th as a country with "hybrid democracy"; Georgia goes 103d, Armenia goes 109th and Azerbaijan takes the 135th position neighbouring China.