- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian artists not allowed to perform in Russia2010-12-17 16:43
Georgian people of art should better not go on a tour to Russia. This was stated by Head of the Georgian Union of People of Art David Okitashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to VZGLYAD, Okitashvili made this statement after the rumours about the possible performance of People's Artist of Georgia Nani Bregvadze in Moscow.
Let us remind you that earlier, it was repeatedly stated that Bregvadze's performance at the Cultural Center at University named after Bauman scheduled for December 24 would be cancelled. The media reported the singer's decision to refuse to sing after the events in Manezhnaya Square.
Bregvadze herself explained that she was going to ask the Georgian authorities for permission to hold the concert. "I must ask the ministry whether I have the right to do it and whether I am doing anything wrong; I will clear up the matter today", - she underlined.
Later on, Bregvadze refused to give a concert. "This must be my fault; I should have let them know of my refusal to take part in the concert, - she said. - I must be with my people".