- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
No way to avoid serving in Georgian army2010-12-21 16:41
Those citizens of Georgia who haven't served in the army cannot renounce their nationality or become citizens of another country, Novosti Georgia report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Relevant changes to the law on Georgian citizenship have been passed by the parliament.
These amendments will come into effect on 1 January 2011. The project was initiated by members of legal committee Chiora Taktakishvili and Zviad Kukava.
According to the draft law, the rule does not cover those who are exempt from their military duty under the law "On military service".