- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Switzerland can start representing Russian interests in Georgia in January 20092008-12-17 14:42
The group of Russian interests in Swiss embassy in Georgia can start its work in January 2009, RIA-Novosti informs alluding to Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of Moscow negotiations on December, 13th, Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Russia and Switzerland, Sergey Lavrov and Micheline Calmy Rey respectively, exchanged notes on bilateral intergovernmental agreement, according to which Switzerland will represent interests of Russia in Georgia.
According to the Ministry, now Georgia may express consent and sent the corresponding note to the Swiss side. If it is done quickly enough, the group will be able to start its work in January 2009.
According to the Ministry, it will be incorrect to explain the scheme of the establishment work to get formal agreement of Georgian side. It is to perform usual diplomatic and consul functions, including issuing visas. It will mitigate the problems and inconveniences of the citizens of the two countries, the document states.