- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Svaneti will be a tourist center2010-12-24 19:13
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili held another government meeting away from the capital. This time it was held in Mestia, the center of the Svaneti highlands, Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The president of Georgia believes that Svaneti, a mountainous resort in the north-western Georgia, has got the highest tourist potential in the whole of the South Caucasus.
"Roads were the main problem here and we have built them. An airport was opened in Mestia; there will be cheap subsidized flights here", - the president said. Mikheil Saakashvili supposes that in four years, Svanetia will be visited by half a million tourists.
"This year, Mestia was visited by 20 thousand foreign tourists and the figure is not surprising. There will be at least half a million tourists here in four years", - the president promised.