- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Khodorkovsky was treated unlawfully2010-12-28 14:13
President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili considers the sentence awarded by Khamovnichesky Court of Moscow in respect of former Yukos head Mikhail Khodorkovsky to be "mockery and lawlessness".gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Novosti-Georgia, Saakashvili's commentary on Khodorkovsky's case were reported by his Press Speaker Manana Mandzhgaladze.
"This is a bright example of the way Russian authorities pursue such people as Khodorkovsky. This is one of today's faces of the Russian justice", - she added.
Let us remind you that yesterday, December 27, judge of Khamovnichesky Court Victor Danilkin determined Mikhail Khodorkovsky and Platon Lebedev guilty of bribing shareholders and managers. As reported by Rosbalt, the verdict stipulates that the accused carefully planned the intentionally unprofitable buy-and-sell oil contracts.
It is also stated in the verdict that even being arrested, former Yukos head Mikhail Khodorkovsky and former head of MENATEP Platon Lebedev instructed other members of the criminal group to transfer money abroad. In other words, the court believes that they continued laundering the illegally earned money while staying at the pre-trial detention facility.