- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
2010 is the year of challenges – Saakashvili2010-12-28 17:20
President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili summarized the expiring year, Business-Georgia reports. According to Press Speaker Manana Mandzhgaladze, he believes this year to be the year of great challenges.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The year of 2010, both inside and outside the country, in the economical, international and political aspect may be called a breakthrough year, a breakthrough in both economical and domestic issues and foreign and international relations", - Mandzhgaladze stated.
She went on: "2010 was an important year in the aspect of reforming: Georgia was named the world's number-one reformer. We also won the first place in corruption control".
According to her, the expiring year was very meaningful for tourism, road reconstruction, economy growth and the improvement of education system, agriculture and democracy.
"In 2010, the roads of Gombori and Samtskhe-Javakhetia were built. New tourist centers appeared on the world tourist map. A new road and an airport were constructed in Svaneti. We brought over 1000 English teachers to Georgia. Schools became safe; teachers have undergone certification", - the president's press speaker underlined.