- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Construction of new theatre suspended in Poti2010-12-29 18:20
Construction of the new theatre building in Poti has been frozen because the local budget lacks funds, Business-Georgia reports. Local authorities have wound up the construction. Negotiations on financial assistance of the remaining construction works are presently held with the central government.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Governor of Samegrelo - Zemo Svaneti Zaza Gorozia told about negotiations held with the central authorities. He also told that a project has been prepared; according to the project, the construction will continue until next year. The theatre is planned to resume work in 2012.
Let us remind you that Mikheil Saakashvili had great designs on Poti. A bit more than a year ago, in September 2009, he said that a real economical and construction boom was going to start in Poti in the nearest time; he said it would be a city with 100% employment.
"Georgian government is going to fulfill its promise that Poti will become a city of 100% employment. The companies that will work in the free industrial zone of Poti are getting registered already, and 40 new plants will start operating in the region in the nearest time", - Saakashvili was saying then.