- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili awarded Ilia II2010-12-29 19:03
Today, President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili awarded a Shota Rustaveli prize and a Golden Medal to Catholicos Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian leader stated that he believes the republic's church to be an essential part of the national identity. "There would be no national identity if it were not for Ilia the Second, - Saakashvili said. - Ultimately, this identity will unite Georgia".
Before that, Ilia II had stated that Mikheil Saakashvili could have avoided the war the previous August.
"A captain is to lead his ship in a way so that it won't run into reefs, - the patriarch said. - One cannot keep beating his head against the wall when one can just walk around or find a door in it".
The opposition was happy to hear these words from Ilia II, while the government officials did not like Patriarch's words. In their opinion, criticizing Saakashvili, the patriarch should say what exactly the head of the state was to do in August to avoid a war with Russia.