- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Refugee from Abkhazia winning a many-million prize2010-12-30 16:33
Abkhaz refugee Zaira Tordinava has won a many-million prize: the amount of 4,4 million laris was transferred to her personal account, Novosti-Georgia report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind you that Tordinava won 4,4 million laris or 2,5 million dollars in a lottery. She bought only one lottery ticket that turned out to be the jackpot - the 47-year-old woman got hold of a fortune. This is the largest amount in the country's lottery history.
So far, Tordinava lives in a temporary location for refugees in the village of Bagebi not far from Tbilisi but in the nearest time she is planning to buy a flat. The grateful woman wants to give part of her money to the church.
Despite Vera Kobalia's call, Tordinava has not expressed any desire to invest the won laris in the regional development and agriculture.
It should be noted that Lottery of Georgia has been holding draws since January 2010 and for the time being, this is the first case when the winner gets such an incredible sum. The new starting jackpot is 300 thousand laris (171 thousand dollars).