- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US State Department refused to meet Lira Tskhovrebova2008-12-18 11:38
The US State Department refused to hold a meeting with the Association of South Ossetian Women for Democracy and Human Rights and its chairperson, Lira Tskhovrebova, staying in Washington, reported Robert Wood, the US State Department Deputy Spokesman, Kavkazskiy Uzel informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that previously the US State Department representatives were ready to meet the activists.
According to Wood, the US officials wanted to meet a wide range of people from South Ossetia and get the expression of the situation in the sphere of human rights and situation at site.
Besides, Matthew Brise, the US Secretary of State advisor, on Thursday cancelled the meeting of his assistants with a group of human rights activists from South Ossetia.
According to Lira Tskhovrebova, this refuse was a great disappointment.
In Washington and New York the association members held several meetings with politicians, human rights activists, the US Congress representatives. The activists asked them to conduct hearings on reasons for war in South Ossetia outbreak, to conduct an independent estimation of aggression victims' needs, Lira Tskhovrebova noticed.
She highlighted that the primary conclusion of the visit was the opportunity for the Americans to meet the eye-witnesses of the events in August 2008. The chairperson of the Association added that she was listened to with interest, and she saw sympathy in their eyes.