- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CDM: international support required to save Maestro2010-12-30 18:07
Leader of the Georgian Christian-Democratic Movement calls for international organizations to provide assistance to Maestro TV company, Echo of Caucasus report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was stated yesterday by Georgi Targamadze at the briefing, it is inadmissible to press the media in order to use it for political and personal purposes.
"Considering the grave situation in the Georgian media, we think it necessary to express solidarity with the Maestro team and appeal to Georgian businessmen, international donor organizations and non-government organizations working on the problems of the freedom of speech so that they would provide assistance to the TV company that is close to a shutdown", - Targamadze stated.
He underlined that the existence of the channel is under question, as well as the extent of independence of its editorial line.