- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New Tax Code Takes Effect in Georgia2011-01-03 12:59
The new Tax Code took effect on January 1, 2011 in Georgia introducing division of businesses into micro businesses, small businesses, medium-sized and big businesses. Besides, the Code envisages establishment of a tax ombudsman position in charge of annual reports on protection of rights of taxpayers to the financial and budgetary committee of the Georgian parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The new edition of the Tax Code was approved in parliament on September 17 with the opposition refusing to take part in the voting in protest. They insisted that the republic's main tax document include their remarks on lowered tax burden on profits of small business, profit tax exemption for real estate property sale transactions for properties owned for more than two years.
Simultaneously on January 1, 2011 the Customs Code was abolished with its provisions now integrated into the Tax Code. From now on importers, for instance, will pay the import tax not at the customs, but at the time of their tax declaration presentation, Caucasian Knot reports.