- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi Zoo set to organize private lives of pets2011-01-05 18:57
As stated by David Taktakishvili, a representative of the zoo directorate, the zoo management plans to acquire mates for lonely animals, News Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As remarked, the tiger, the leopard and the tapir remain mateless. In addition to "mates" for these animals, the zoo plans to buy camels: "Presently the zoo has no camels. The camels we once had died of old age", - Taktakishvili explained.
It will be remembered that Tbilisi zoological park was founded in 1927 on the territory of 100 ha allocated in the gorge of the Vere river. Today there are 251 animal species living in the zoo. Last year the collection was replenished with cheetahs, a Siberian tiger, white lions, jaguars and tapirs.
Nearly half a million visitors come to the zoo annually. There is a terrarium and an educational center for children as part of the zoo.