- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Relatives of mariners captured in Somali outraged with authorities’ nonfeasance2011-01-11 11:46
Another action was held yesterday in Batumi by relatives of the mariners captured by Somali pirates, local media report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Relatives of the mariners captured on September 8 last year gathered in front of the Constitutional Court building in Batumi, where Mikheil Saakashvili was expected to arrive.
However, he did not and the sailors' relatives went on with their action in front of the government house where they had a meeting with head of government of the Autonomous Republic of Adzharia Levan Varshalomidze.
"I'm telling you that if one could get anywhere just by standing in the street, I would join you. We are all involved in this process", - Varshalomidze said and invited the participants of the action to his office.
According to the authorities, possible ways of saving the mariners are still being negotiated.
The Solidarity Foundation established on November 18 by the amalgamated trade unions has raised 60 thousand laris. Members of the organization believe that the government is lacking activity. Deputy Chairman of amalgamated trade unions Eteri Matureli reminded of an article in the Georgian Constitution obliging the state to protect its citizens regardless of their location.