- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
People died in an explosion at a military base in Georgia2011-01-11 14:48
Today, January 11, there was an explosion in the territory of Krtsanissky shooting ground of the Georgian Ministry of Defense.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to IA Profi-News, the incident happened during the training of a special unit that was to take part in the actions of the peacekeeping contingent in Afghanistan. A 120-milimeter bomb was said to explode during the maneuvers.
So far, the incident is reported to result in the death of three people; over 30 people got injuries of various severity levels. Georgian military administration does not provide any specific information on the number of the injured. Ministry of Defense informs that the explosion of a 120-millimeter mortar was allegedly caused by a technical error during the training.
It is reported that the victims of the explosion have been taken to hospitals in Tbilisi and Rustavi. Minister of Defense of the country Bacho Akhalaya is expected to arrive soon in one of the medical facilities.