- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili to pay tribute to Richard Holbrooke in Washington2011-01-11 16:30
Georgian president is going to Washington to take part in the commemorative event dedicated to the memory of American diplomat Richard Holbrooke, Novosti-Georgia reports. This was reported by press speaker of the head of the state Manana Mandzhgaladze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Saakashvili's visit is not going to be limited to the commemorative event.
"Also, the president is planning to hold a number of meetings with the representatives of the U.S. political spectrum", - Mandzhgaladze told the journalists.
Let us remind you that the veteran of the American diplomacy Richard Holbrooke who held the post of the U.S. Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan over the last two years died in a hospital in Washington.
The 69-year-old Holbrooke felt bad on Friday at his office in the U.S. State Department in Washington and was taken to hospital the same day.
On Saturday, Holbrooke was operated on because of aortic rupture. On Sunday, he had another operative treatment aimed at improving blood circulation.
He held the post of the U.S. Assistant Secretary twice and actively lobbied Georgia's interests; notably, he used his influence to prove Russia's guilt in the war of 2008.
One of the streets in Tbilisi was named after him.