- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New general director for Georgian oppositional TV company2011-01-11 18:21
Bacho Kikabidze was appointed director general for the Maestro oppositional TV company, Novosti Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I have already worked in this company; there is nothing new for me here so I can assume office tomorrow", - Kikabidze said.
As for financial problems faced by the TV company, according to Kikabidze, an agreement on the definite terms and methods of their solving has been achieved with the Media Rustavi managing company founded by Erosi Kitsmarishvili.
At the end of last year, Kakha Bekauri who was then director general of the TV company announced his leave and said that the TV channel was switching to the emergency operating mode because of financial problems.
He said it was attributed to high political activity of Georgia's former Ambassador to RF Eros Kitsmarishvili, in whose management the company was placed over a year ago.
Bekauri asserted that "Kitsmarishvili wanted Maestro to reflect his political aspirations" and "tried to shut the financial sources having offered resistance".