- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Captured Georgian mariners threaten to commit suicide2011-01-12 16:34
Georgian mariners who were captured by Somali pirates last year threaten to commit suicide, GHN reports. The information came from the father of one of the prisoners. Besides, he said that the relatives of the sailors in trouble are going to hold a protest action so long as the state makes no steps to rescue the citizens. They are going to demand a meeting with the president.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The authorities assure us that they are working on the matter; however, it has been five months already since the sailors were taken prisoners. I wonder what the authorities are working at", - said a sailor's father Sergo Devadze.
Let us remind you that the mariners got on the air January 10 after a month's silence. They say the situation on the ship is growing worse day by day. They demand a ransom from prisoners and have been giving them neither food nor drinks for five days already. The sailors demand an attorney from the Georgian party who would contact the pirates and get things settled.
According to the leader of the mariners saving campaign Sergo Devidze, it is quite possible that there can be victims among the prisoners.
Let us remind you that 13 Georgian sailors comprising the crew of a Greek vessel were captured by Somali pirates last summer. A one-million-dollar ransom is demanded for their liberation. Amalgamated trade union of Georgia initiated a campaign to raise money for their saving; however, it is unable to collect the required sum.