- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Russia wants to get rid of me2011-01-14 12:54
During his speech delivered at the American Enterprise Strategic Investigation Institute President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili has stated that Russia wants to make him leave the post of the country's leader.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to GHN, Saakashvili reminded the audience that his visit to the U.S. has a sad motive - the ceremony in commemoration of the late American politician Richard Holbrooke.
"Richard Holbrooke was my advisor. Over the years I admired his personality and talent. I'm very much pleased to address such special and intellectual audience. When we talk about the success we've achieved with America's help, I'd like to point at the present situation in Georgia", - Saakashvili underlined.
Getting back to the country's present state, the head of the Georgian government again accused Russia of "occupation". "The enemy that invaded our land would not recognize our boundaries and government and wants me to leave. Neither do they recognize the signed cease-fire agreement", - Saakashvili said.
Earlier, President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili met with the new Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner.
The politicians discussed the necessity of further reforms on Georgia's way towards freedom and democracy. Moreover, Boehner recommended Tbilisi to fulfill the once undertaken obligations.
At the same time, American congressman expressed gratitude to the leader of Sakartvelo for the support provided by the republic to Washington in its fight with terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Today, Saakashvili is going to take part in the ceremony dedicated to the memory of Richard Holbrooke. The ceremony is also expected to be attended by US President Barack Obama and leaders of other states.