- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Temporary Parliamentary Committee for Investigation of Events on August 2008 presented its final report2008-12-18 19:27
Temporary Parliamentary Committee for Investigation of Events on August 2008 presented its final report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that the official name of the organ is Georgian Parliament Temporary Commission on Investigation of Military Aggression and Other Actions Performed by Russia in Order to Infringe on Georgian Territorial Integrity.
The report was presented by the Committee chairman, Paata Davitaya.
The session is being broadcasted in the Georgian TV live air, Novosti-Gruzia informs.
"The Committee examined 22 high-ranking officials, including the President of Georgia... Besides the testimony of these officials, the Committee used the materials of Georgian, Russian and international mass media and conclusions of respected non-governmental organizations", Davitaya said.
The report counts 200 pages and contains several sections:
- Detailed data of Russian actions before 2008, directed against Georgian sovereignty and territorial integrity and for military escalation.
- Georgian initiatives drawn in the course of peace process, and their blocking;
- Russian intervention preliminary preparations in March-August 2008;
- Detailed data on Russian intervention in august 2008, its result and damage, caused to Georgia;
- Legal assessment of military aggression from Russian side;
- Actions of Georgian administration, its drawbacks;
- Conclusions and recommendations of the Committee.